More and more CO2 emissions are being sent into the atmosphere, with the serious consequences that this entails for the planet. For all these reasons, for years energy efficiency has become one of the bases for the conservation of our world as we know it. In addition, it is important to bear in mind that its incorporation into different areas of our day-to-day life is of vital importance.
¿What is energy efficiency?
Energy efficiency consists of optimizing energy consumption. In other words, it is made up of a series of techniques and measures that allow less energy to be consumed for the same effort. It also pursues, as far as possible, the supply from renewable energies.
The main objective of energy efficiency is to protect the environment by reducing energy intensity and consuming only what is necessary. This can be applied in different areas and processes that range from the generation of the same energy to its final consumption.
Taking all of the above into account, there is no doubt that one of the enormous benefits of energy efficiency is its positive impact on the environment, since it reduces the consumption of natural resources and greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to decarbonization.
On the other hand, by making more efficient use of the energy used, much less is consumed and, consequently, significant economic savings are produced.
Areas of application
Energy efficiency can be applied in different areas of our daily life such as:
- In industry: Given its great impact on the environment, it is essential for industry to optimize its processes, reducing energy consumption as much as possible. In addition, whenever possible, you must invest in new technologies and digitization that allow you to improve your activity.
- In the company: As in the case of industries, companies must also establish energy management that allows them to continuously improve their techniques, optimize the resources available to them and reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
- At home: From home there are also many ways to improve our use of energy, which is a great benefit for the environment and also for our pockets.
- In the energy sector itself: The large energy companies must also try to improve their efficiency by introducing the most advanced technologies in their different production phases, incorporating digitization and betting on the use of renewable energies.
Energy efficiency services
Regardless of the field in which energy efficiency is applied, good advice is key to achieving greater energy savings, minimizing possible losses and adjusting consumption to the maximum.
At Bac, we offer advice in the different areas of energy management and, as such, efficiency is one of our main lines of work. The different services that we offer from our energy efficiency department are the following::
- Comprehensive energy efficiency service
- IoT platform for energy management and efficiency (ITISOPT)
- Monitoring of energy contracts (electricity, gas, etc.)
- Energy Audits and Diagnostics
- Energy saving action plans
- Projects, follow-up and monitoring of energy improvement plans
- Implementation of ISO 50001 management systems
- Building Energy Certification
- Preparation of Energy Saving Projects for application for Subsidies at the industrial level and rehabilitation of Buildings
If you would like more information on the different services related to efficiency, do not hesitate to contact us. Our team of experts will be able to advise you on the type of solution you need.