BAC will be responsible of the site supervision of the works of one of the main arteries of Barcelona that aims to pacify traffic and integrate pedestrians and bicycles into the environment.
BAC has been awarded the contract for “management services for the reform works of Meridiana avenue between Mallorca street and Navas de Tolosa and Josep Estivill streets, Phase 1. Sant martí and Sant Andreu districts, with public procurement measures sustainable. File number 611.2020.006 “
The work is scheduled to begin on April 6 and last approximately 1 year. The director of the works will be Ariadna Sancho.
Within the framework of this action, it is planned to create a central median with a cycle lane and vegetation, reduce the traffic lanes to three in each direction and reserve the sidewalks for pedestrians.
The section, half a kilometre long, will be distributed as follows:
- A central median of more than 9 meters wide: a 4.3 meter two-way bike lane with flower beds and trees on both sides.
- Reduction of space for private vehicles and one bus lane in each direction.
- Sidewalks for the exclusive use of pedestrians: the elimination of the bike lanes that currently exist on the sidewalk will free up space for walking and allow new flowerbeds to be located.
The works in this phase include:
- Site supervision
- Monitoring and control of execution
- Valuation of the works
- Collection of execution information
- Technical validation of the works
It is not the first time that BAC has carried out the works of Construction Management for the remodeling of Avenida Meridiana, previously the BAC did the site supervision of the section that included from Calle Aragón to Calle Mallorca.